Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Morrisroes take Manhattan

I don’t want to harass you with all my doin’s, but I would like to share some photos from my brother’s recent visit. (Besides, it’s my blog and I’ll do what I want. Kidding!)

We are so much cuter than the mannequins in weirdo ’80s-style jungle flora at the Macy’s Flower Show in Herald Square.



At Toys ‘R’ Us in Times Square, Brian proves that the best way to hide from a T. rex is to feign nonchalance.


The Stock Exchange on Wall Street—and as close as Dennis wants to get to a career in finance. (It’s crooked, I know. Shut up.)


Meanwhile, Brian ponders the weight of history at the spot where George Washington took the oath of office. Or, he thinks about what he'll have for lunch.

Central Park was trying very hard to be springtime, but it was still colder than a witch’s teat. Which is cold.


Dennis narrowly avoids being gored by an ancient mastodon at the Museum of Natural History.


It’s more fun to watch ice skaters fall down at Rockefeller Center than to actually do it yourself.


Riding the subway can be quite dull. I tried to convince Dennis it was exciting to mingle with your fellow man, but I don’t think he bought it.

7 comments:

Matt said...

It must have been quite a weekend b/c by the time Kari and I met Dennis on Sunday, he had that over-stimulated, deer-in-headlights look of someone who had just experienced all of New York at once. Or maybe it was just the narrow miss w/ the mastodon. Anyhow, it was cool meeting your brother.

Laura said...

Aw, thanks Carolyn. Dennis looks terribly cute and out-of-it.

PassingPerception said...

Hmm... I didn't even know he had gone. Boy would I love a vacation.

Vladkin said...

I love the look on that woman's face in the subway picture.

Carrie M said...

I think Dennis was lucky to get some much-needed time off, too, Steven. And I was very pleased he could come visit me way out here. I wish I could afford a trip to Oregon!

Anonymous said...

The look on my face was pure exhaustion from a few days of dodging crazy New Yorkers in the subway in fear of my life. It was a great time. Thanks, Carolyn and Brian.

PassingPerception said...

You could hitchhike to Oregon and do a photo essay about the trip. If you live to tell about it that is.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness