I hope you’re not tired of flower photos. I haven’t left the confines of the city in more than three months, so I’m captivated by any little patch of nature. Plus, this is the first spring where I’m really paying attention to the successive waves of growth and blooming here on the East Coast, and I find it completely fascinating.
Let’s play a game called "Watch Spring Evolve in the Secret Garden.” Shall we?
Let’s play a game called "Watch Spring Evolve in the Secret Garden.” Shall we?
The differences between Feb. 25 and April 21 are stunning.


This corner, so brown in January, filled with daffodils by April.

The witch hazel by this bench was the only spot of color in February. By April 17 it was accompanied by yellow flowers and overshadowed by a cherry tree about to burst. On April 21—only four days later—the cherry blossoms exploded!


February saw this urn at the entrance stuffed with sad-looking sprigs left over from the holidays. By March 18, someone had switched out the red twigs and planted pansies in and around it. Then by April 17 all manner of bulbs had grown up.
The first intrepid bulbs braving the snow in February have now grown into daffodils and tulips. I expect irises next.
The bleakness of Jan. 31 turned into a sunny snow on Feb. 25 then to pink glory on April 21.

These little bulbs poking up through the snow became daffodils and then tulips.
February’s little crocus, the first I saw all season, was replaced by an effusion of green by April. 



Someday I'll have my own garden and experience the joy of making flowers grow from nothing.
4 comments:
That's all so pretty! The contrasts are interesting too, I might add. Wish there was an equivalent Secret Garden here. Maybe there is, but it's still definitely a secret.
Awesome. I'm surprised at how much the light changes, in color and angle and intensity, from one season to the next.
See, spring comes even if you aren't watching. I love your pictures.
Very nice. Thank you.
Post a Comment