Friday, April 11, 2008

Tree-watching

The gloom is back but despair not; New York streets offer unexpected moments of light—such as these early-blooming trees, which I think are star magnolias. (And they look lovely in front of brownstones.)


Plus, feathery Callery pears.


Photos taken by me over past week.

5 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

Meanwhile, over in Brooklyn the signs of spring are crushed beer cans sprouting from the ground and discarded tennis shoes blooming on the overhead wires.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! See, spring really is on the way.

Eric said...

Do you just carry your camera around wherever you go? Did I miss that post?

Anonymous said...

Looks like a was a couple weeks early for NY. Very pretty there. Supposed to be 70's here this weekend though. And I'm going to see Sweeney Todd on the touring Broadway series, so maybe it'll feel like NY.

Shawna said...

That's too funny, Brian! Yeah, some of the wires in Queens have begun growing these strange, sneaker-like flowers, too...

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness