Thursday, April 24, 2008

A catty note

The reasons I dislike Keira Knightley are manifold—she’s a poster child for anorexia, lacking any womanly curves, and her upper-crust accent drips contempt, rendering any character she portrays utterly unlikable. But upon viewing “Atonement” last night, a new one revealed itself to me: she constantly walks and stands with her arms dangling awkwardly behind her and her hip thrust out. I think this might be the case of someone going too far with the modeling stance of pulling back the shoulders, but the result is of a heavily made-up and conceited sapling waving two twigs behind in the breeze.

But I’m not a hater. She’s a lovely, accomplished woman. Et cetera, et cetera…

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

So you like her, but you had to stab the needle in just a bit.

Anonymous said...

Or you don't like her and, again, stuck the needle in .

Brian Hurley said...

I believe her father was employed by the British government in the Ministry of Silly Walks.

PassingPerception said...

"conceited sapling" Oh man, that made me laugh out loud. Hilarious.

Carrie M said...

Loathe her, but was trying to be polite.

Matt said...

In Georgia, that sort of take-down usually begins with "bless her heart." As in, "Bless her heart! She's an accomplished actress and all, but she's built like a pine tree and has such a freakish gait."

Anonymous said...

WORST ARM SCENE:

when he arrives at her doorstep and, as she leads him into the library, there is a shot from behind her of her walking - HER ARMS ARE IN A TRICEP EXTENSION POSITION.

ridic.

:)
aimes

Carrie M said...

Seriously! I think if I walked like that I'd dislocate something.

Shawna said...

Very useful, that Southern catchphrase "Bless her heart" (or 'his heart'). I've used it a few times myself, as in, "Bless his heart! He's a good writer and all, but he's a total psycho and wouldn't recognize good cover art if it walked up to him and smacked him upside the head!"

Laura said...

But aside from anorexic Keira, what did you think of the movie?
I thought it was really beautiful, like the way the early summer scenes were shot, I could just feel the lazy warmth, you know what I mean? I don't really know how to describe it....

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness