Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Panicked movie pedestrians are always fleeing to my borough



I saw “Cloverfield” last night and it made me once again gleeful to live in Brooklyn. You never see monsters going after the Kentile Floors sign, the Williamsburg Savings Bank, or the Red Hook wheat grain elevator. As long as the Big Bad doesn’t show up between 9 and 5, I’m good.

Photo of sign and bank in background by limonada on Flickr.

2 comments:

Vladkin said...

Matt and I watched Cloverfield last night. I really liked it. The monster was freaking awesome. But even more awesome were his little monster spider babies. Although some of the dialog was a bit cheesy, the destruction of rich yuppie Manhattanites more than made up for it.

Carrie M said...

Yeah, I didn't hate the people as much as I thought I would, though. Even though they do stupid things. Do you know how long it would take to walk through a subway tunnel from Spring St. to 59th? Please.

I don't want to say too much, though, for people who haven't seen this classic piece of cinema yet.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness