Thursday, April 10, 2008

SF loves Tibet more than NY does


Last night saw a China Olympics protest in Union Square that was just a smidge smaller than that in San Francisco—like twenty people. Come on, New York, is that the best you can do? It was enough to bring out the TV news crews and choppers, though. I think they expected something more volatile.



Meanwhile in SF protesters of all stripes were not amused by the route switcheroo pulled by authorities. But it seems they had a grand ol’ time yelling at each other instead.


I love that city.

Photos by me

Update 11:05 a.m.: Thanks to Brian, I found this photo. Wow. Their protest was WAY prettier than ours, too!

4 comments:

Oxford Commas said...

I was at the "Keep Tibet Enslaved" Concert last night.

Brian Hurley said...

I don't know how to wrap a link, but there's a good photo gallery of the protests at www.sfgate.com.

PassingPerception said...

Speaking of "Keep Tibet Enslaved" Concerts...
I was watching the coverage from San Francisco yesterday and they showed "clashes between pro-China and pro-Tibet demonstrators." What the hell would posses someone to be out on the street kicking someone's ass for suggesting that China should stop beating/jailing/killing people for their beliefs?

And Brian, I believe the link wrap involves the Enter button.

amy said...

guess what else? did you see that there were some protesters that climbed up the SF bridge to hang posters at its top? on a windy day? now that's dedication.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness