
Man oh man do I wish I lived in Boston again, just for today. It’s Patriots’ Day! This little-known holiday in the Commonwealth celebrates the anniversary of the battles of Lexington and Concord, the first skirmishes of the Revolutionary War. More importantly, it is the day the Boston Marathon is run, turning Back Bay into a weird carnival, and most importantly, it’s a day off from school and many workplaces.
Dang, I could use a three-day weekend about now. Anything to avoid another gray, dispiriting start to a workweek.
Race updates
A reenactment on Battle Green in Lexington. I used to work a farmers market on that field. (Photo by Joanne Rathe/Boston Globe.)
Dang, I could use a three-day weekend about now. Anything to avoid another gray, dispiriting start to a workweek.
Race updates
A reenactment on Battle Green in Lexington. I used to work a farmers market on that field. (Photo by Joanne Rathe/Boston Globe.)
5 comments:
Were the brave patriots who fought to establish our nation really so old and gray?
Only the heroes, Brian. Only the heroes...
Yeah, I guess if you're a really old soldier you must be awesome at killing people and staying alive. Or else a coward. And America don't make no cowards!
Reenactors are a dying breed.
:)
I once auditioned to be in a Civil War reenactment they were filming at Henry Ford Museum and Greenfield Village in Dearborn, MI. They had me read for what appeared to be a portly yet sassy housewife. I was sure they were pulling my leg, but I still think they made a mistake not casting me!
Post a Comment