
I am headed to the blue skies of Michigan. It’s been long, long since I was that far from a coast. What will I do without the forlorn cries of seagulls adrift on the ocean breeze? Okay, I don’t get much of that here, either. But still, I always find it strange to be in the middle of the country—I feel so landlocked. To be honest, my Midwest geography is painfully bad. They have lakes over there, right? Perhaps they have lakegulls.
Someone told me recently that getting dressed up in Michigan means wearing a Kid Rock T-shirt. I can’t envision a way to fit that into my wedding attire, but maybe I can purchase one while I’m there. I will give my regards to Flint, MI, for you all, and try not to think the whole time of Michael Moore.
P.S. Feel free to continue trading snarky or enlightening remarks in the comments sections in my absence. :) I'll be back on Monday to harass you with airport-boredom observations and wedding pics!
Someone told me recently that getting dressed up in Michigan means wearing a Kid Rock T-shirt. I can’t envision a way to fit that into my wedding attire, but maybe I can purchase one while I’m there. I will give my regards to Flint, MI, for you all, and try not to think the whole time of Michael Moore.
P.S. Feel free to continue trading snarky or enlightening remarks in the comments sections in my absence. :) I'll be back on Monday to harass you with airport-boredom observations and wedding pics!
Photo by Michelle Figurski on Flickr.
6 comments:
Don't forget to drink a Ghetto Blaster. I'm not kidding about those!
http://www.motorcitybeer.com/index.htm
God bless, Detroit Rock City! Woot!
Hey, I have some relatives in Flint, from Mom's side of the family.
I had dinner in a diner in Flint on my way up to Toronto last month. It was pretty folksy. I was expecting gritty. The waitress had attitude though, in a good way, like a movie.
Don't put down the middle of the country. Some really cool people have lived there.
Not putting it down! Just not familiar with it. Where did you live in Michigan anyway? It was probably more lovely than Flint.
I was in a beautiful little town west of Ann Arbor. It looked like the town in It's a Wonderful Life. It's main industry was a federal prison.
Post a Comment