Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Things I learned yesterday

1. Walking across the Manhattan Bridge is possible, but it does lack the ambiance of strolling across the Brooklyn Bridge. Rumbling trains and soaring fences detract from an otherwise great view of lower Manhattan. Bonus: fewer foreign tourists snapping photos that you will stumble into. Ever wonder how many strangers’ vacation shots you appear in?

(Sorry for the glare but this has to be the prettiest baseball diamond in the city.)


2. Your friends were right: the moutarde sauce for the all-you-can-eat mussels at Chez Oskar is indeed superior to the mariniere sauce. And “all you can eat” only ever means as much as they want to serve you before they force you out with glares and disappearing service

3. Do not let people take flash photos of you at a party in a dimly lit bar. You do not want to know what you really look like dancing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

on #1: agreed. i still haven't walked either, so i'm jealous! it's on my to do list for this summer.

on #3: i personally would like to ban shitty flashes from otherwise perfectly good cameras. they just never make the image look good, much to our dismay, and to the decreasing quality of facebook photo albums everywhere.

aimes

Laura said...

Is that the Williamsburg bridge? If it was, I was able to take a super cool photo of my friend walking across that very bridge. I have it in one of my Facebook photo albums ("The East Coaster"), if you want to take a look.

Carrie M said...

Nope, the Manhattan. The Williamsburg Bridge is a little bit north. Haven't walked that one yet!

Laura said...

Oh, I don't really know Manhattan geography very well. They're all pretty bridges, though.

lectrice said...

The Williamsburg bridge is an awesome glute workout. I'll walk it with you sometime, if you want!

I'm so glad you made it to mussel night. At some point I will make a more suitable explanation for my disappearing act. Like when we're not pixilated. Brunch in the park next Sunday? With tee-ball?

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness