Friday, April 18, 2008

Knock, knock…Not the Pope!*

Does anybody else think it’s weird that the Pope is visiting the U.S.’s most Jewish city during Passover?

And is anyone else already tired of hearing about the Pope being here? I mean, I’m sure he’s a great guy and all, but unless he’s the one responsible for bringing this lovely spring weather, I can’t really get excited. (But check out that awesome hat.)


*Alluding to a bad joke made by a friend of mine. Ask Robert for details.

5 comments:

Matt said...

Honestly, I couldn't care less, but then I was raised Methodist. One thing I did find pretty offensive, though, was a news anchor who declared that the Pope's homily at Nationals Park was "just a warm up" for his upcoming sermon at Yankee Stadium. Sorry, D.C., I guess you just get to hear the soundcheck--because, you know, you're not New York.

Oxford Commas said...

Full version of the joke, told by Brian Hurley after the drawn-out death of JPII:

Brian: Knock, knock.
Me: Who's there?
Brian: Not the pope. He's dead.

He also said that it was approriate that the Italians referred to JPII as "Il papa". Because he really was an ill papa before he died. Wow.

Brian Hurley molested me.

Eric said...

My Google search for "Brian Hurley molested me" brought me to to this site.

Brian Hurley said...

Brian: Knock, knock.
Me: Who's there?
Brian: Not Eric, pretty soon.

PassingPerception said...

That "Il papa" joke made me laugh.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness