Friday, April 18, 2008

I used to be a Californian

Now I get sunburned in 15 minutes walking up the street.

These people can’t be much different, right? I mean, we’ve all been covered up for seven months. Maybe they’ve been secretly going to tanning salons or flying to Barbados. Or perhaps we’ll all have a need for aloe tomorrow.

Happy first day over 70 degrees! (And the only one for a while.)

Paparazzi shot taken on a grassy pier on the Hudson at lunch today. Most people were more attractive than the guy sleeping next to me. And showing off for members of their own sex. Yay for the Village!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nobody seems to care about these half naked people on the lawn. Poor people.

Carrie M said...

I know! You'd think it was Venice Beach and not an old industrial pier overlooking New Jersey. Strange.

Shawna said...

Looks about like my old tanning spot: the Great Lawn in Central Park. Sunbathers just have to be alert for any calls of "Look out!" or "Incoming!" (baseballs--or players trying to catch the baseballs--from any of the 5 or 6 diamonds around the Lawn's perimeter).

Shawna said...

And I might have to start joining the tanners...a friend of mine who's getting married next summer (thankfully, not this year!) has just chosen seafoam green bridesmaid dresses. I'm her maid of honor, so I'll be wearing said seafoam green bridesmaid dress. Talk about a color that washes me out! I absolutely must get tan before the wedding, or I'll rival her dress for paleness!!

Laura said...

Yeccchhh! I hate weddings. And bachelorette parties. If I ever get married, I am SO not putting my friends through all that. Just throw a party, have fun, then leave for an awesome honeymoon. Oh yeah, and stay in love for the rest of your lives. That's what's important.
Sorry, old sourpuss speaking.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness