Thursday, October 2, 2008

Washington is a strange place.

The "Paul Wellstone Mental Health and Addiction Equity Act of 2007."

Oh, you mean the $700B bailout bill? Of course. Of course that's what it's called.

Sure, we'll attach this gigantor "rescue plan" to a bill that no one can argue with, one which assures that mental health and addiction services are covered by insurance. Makes perfect sense.

1 comments:

PassingPerception said...

So much crap has been added onto the bill from both parties I just have to sigh. I was very glad that the original bill did not pass, but I was hoping it would be a chance for everyone to take some time to find a better solution, one that changes the root of the problems.

This is pretty much the same bad bill with a bunch of unrelated BS added on to get votes from both sides.

Sad.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness