I think John McCain should tell the 21.2% of New Yorkers living below the poverty level (compared 12.7% nationwide) that they are elitists. Oh wait, he just did. Watch these horrifying comments here, about 4 minutes in.I am so incredibly tired of this divisive rhetoric. I spent my lunch hour listening to Sarah Palin go on about “real Americans” and how only people who work in factories in small towns are “pro-America,” and I am simply fuming. This whole idea of not qualifying as an American unless you agree with these candidates and exist in a particular socio-geographic slice makes me absolutely sick.
Even Jon Stewart seems to be speechless. But at least watching this made me feel better.
Update: Michael Ian Black is also not a real American. (Read this, it's funny.)
2 comments:
I used to enjoy Jon Stewart and even had it record automatically on my dvr. I finally recently had to cancel the recording. He has lately become no more than a campaign ad for Obama. If he would make fun of both candidates equally it would be much more amusing. I record shows on dvr so I DON'T have to watch commercials.
*Wiping tears from my eyes from laughing so hard* Apparently, I am not a "real American"!
Wow. That's news to me. Particularly since I grew up in those small rural towns where "real Americans" live.
Post a Comment