
It’s a rare Saturday post to celebrate the following momentous occasion:

Yes, it was one year ago today that this blog began, with the post:
I started this site with two intentions: 1) to force myself to write, and 2) to let people back home know a little about what’s going on over here. I’m not doing so great on the first goal, as the blog has evolved more into a place for me to pass along strange, funny, or infuriating media pieces. I will keep doing that, but will endeavor to also create more thoughtful and in-depth writing.
Thanks for reading FPC and sharing your comments! I hope you keep coming back.
Incidentally, this is also the birthday of frequent commenter Eric, who is slightly older than this blog. :) So cheers to you, too!

Yes, it was one year ago today that this blog began, with the post:
“I can never read all the books I want; I can never be all the people I want and live all the lives I want.”—Sylvia PlathI like this quote because it reflects an anxiety I think we all feel—that there’s so much out there to do, be, see, and experience that we could never possibly achieve it all. But I take it as a challenge to try, and to along the way find peace with the life I choose.
I started this site with two intentions: 1) to force myself to write, and 2) to let people back home know a little about what’s going on over here. I’m not doing so great on the first goal, as the blog has evolved more into a place for me to pass along strange, funny, or infuriating media pieces. I will keep doing that, but will endeavor to also create more thoughtful and in-depth writing.
Thanks for reading FPC and sharing your comments! I hope you keep coming back.
Incidentally, this is also the birthday of frequent commenter Eric, who is slightly older than this blog. :) So cheers to you, too!
4 comments:
I really do like it when you write your own stuff. You are a sarcastically funny writer. Does that make sense at all?
Dennis gave me a refrigerator magnet that says, "Sarcasm is just one more free service we offer.".
Good job Carolyn.
By the way, my most recent site, PassingPerception.com, is about three years and five months old now. My first post,
http://www.passingperception.com/?p=30
was about the Eagles playing at the Frog Jump.
That was fun to reminisce about until I read my second post ever which was about my ex-girlfriend who is now pregnant with someone else's child. Maybe I won't look at old posts any more.
Ha. Thanks for starting a blog on my b-day. And for the shout-out. I'll expect it every year...
Yay! Happy birthday, "From Peppermint Creek!"
Post a Comment