Thursday, October 16, 2008

Candy-stripe ties at last night's debate?

Yes!


I think this is raspberry.



And maybe peppermint?




I think what we seeing here, guys, is that ties with dots, checks, paisley, plaid, or even solid colors are totally unacceptable in the current financial crisis. It's only diagonal stripes that say, "Pick me, Joe! I'll lead you out of this mess!"

8 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

Bob Shieffer looks like one of Santa's elves.

Ashley said...

And by "Joe" I assume you mean "Joe the Plumber."

Carrie M said...

Of course! And Joe Six-Pack. Although Politico says Joe the Plumber is not even a registered voter, but then he said on a morning talk show that he is.

Whatevs.

Shawna said...

Joe the Plumber is not actually a licensed or registered plumber, either.

http://www.toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20081016/NEWS09/810160418

Carrie M said...

Wow, I can't believe how much time the chattering classes spend on insta-fact-checking totally insignificant points.

Shawna said...

I know! Within just hours of the debate, the AP and Reuters were all over the fact that he wasn't actually a plumber. That was one of the first news stories I saw yesterday morning.

Eric said...

Joe the plumber also compares Obama to Sammy Davis Jr...

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/17/us/politics/17joe.html

Carrie M said...

I saw that! Some blogger was like, "What no Fred Astaire? I see how it is." But then I think this gets into a weird area about race that people don't really know how to talk about. I.e. is it mildly racist to compare someone only to someone of the same race? Then it just gets tricky and perhaps overly sensitive.

Also, in case you missed it, Joe IS registered to vote, just with his full name, misspelled by some voting clerk, and he has no license but he does work as a plumber. Although maybe not for long. I kind of feel bad for the guy. At least he realizes he's at like minute 14:45.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness