Monday, October 20, 2008

New Jersey is surprisingly scenic


Sam and Jane had the best idea ever: to rent a car this past Saturday and drive down to New Jersey’s Pine Barrens region to watch the cranberry harvest. It was a cold, cloudy day into which we packed an insane amount of adventures. I’d be ever so pleased if you’d take a gander at my photos, which I’ve conveniently placed in this Picasa album so as not to clog up my blog.

Down the Shore and Back Again

Thanks!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, excellent photo-documentation. I am just as exhausted having looked through the album as I was when actually experiencing the glorious day it depicts (not that it took a lot of energy to keep looking that the pictures, rather, I felt as though I were once again living the day, and just thinking about it all over again drained me).

Brian Hurley said...

I can't believe we didn't eat something with gobs and gobs of cranberries for lunch. We'll have to make up for that in the near future.

Sunny said...

So cool. The beach reminds me of Pismo and the Oceano dunes. And you played "Pooh Sticks?" You will be Tacey's new best friend!

Carrie M said...

Wow, Sunny, you really get a prize there! I had no idea this game was associated with a children's book character. Here I thought we were just enjoying ourselves in nature! Everything is trademarked these days!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Poohsticks

Sunny said...

It's just classic Winnie the Pooh! Anyone who has seen a hundred thousand or so episodes with Pooh Bear in one form or another would recognze it. Maybe I will have to submit it as the next children's trivia question on the local radio station. See my post http://diariesofasahm-sunny.blogspot.com/2008/10/luck-in-my-family.html for clarification.

PassingPerception said...

I learned a lot about harvesting cranberries from watching the Dirty Jobs episode about it.

"Our band's album cover." Oh, that makes me laugh. I have totally seen an album cover (or five or ten)just like that. Good job.

I really enjoyed your photos of the trip. Thank you. It is interesting to see different kinds of forests and nature, and of course you and Brian.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness