Friday, October 31, 2008

Mistaken Identity = Pub Invitation


Totally without Brian’s permission, I’m posting this because I think it’s awesome. He has many name twins around the world, and apparently someone sent this e-mail invitation to him instead of some more Irish Brian Hurley.

From: Aine Hurley
Sent: 31 October 2008 13:12
To: ‘Pat Hurley;’ ‘Brian
Hurley;’ 'Bernadette Hurley'; 'Michelle Hurley'; 'Kyran Hurley'; 'Callery, Nuala'; 'Patrick Hurley;’ 'Catherine Hurley'; 'Edel Hurley'
Subject: final details

Hi Guys,

Finally, we have got nearly definite numbers for our "do".

We are meeting at the Foggy Dew pub at the side of the Central Bank in Dame Street at 7pm on Sat 15th November and then moving to Fitzers in Templebar for our 8.15 booking.

Please advise is soon if you need to opt out. We have at the moment approx 40 people going and Its a sit down meal.

Patrick – Can you give these details to Kevin

Catherine and Ber – please advise Ger

Also I am making out a FAMILY TREE thingy….. and leaving spaces which I'd like everyone to fill in so Mary Higgins can update our tree.

Aine.
Some great things about this. One, I have always loved the name Aine, and used it as a pen name once upon a time. Two, I really want to go to a “do” at the “Foggy Dew” pub! Three, I enjoy that “Ber” and “Ger” can be people’s nicknames. Three, see, even Irish people in Ireland are researching their family trees, not just us rootless Irish-Americans!

Let’s all crash this party. See you in Dublin.

2 comments:

Sunny said...

I say that you and Brian RSVP and go!

Laura said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness