
I was wandering downtown yesterday evening and saw some firetrucks go past, then spotted what looked like a cloud of smoke over the buildings nearby. I thought, “Huh, that looks like smoke. Naw, I think it’s just clouds. Ah well, la di da…” and continued on my way.
I was two blocks from a blaze being fought by 100 firefighters that caused several injuries.
Fire guts Little Italy building
SOHO INFERNO
I think I need to up my curiosity quotient.
Interestingly, depending on which news site you read, this fire was in Little Italy, Nolita, or SoHo. See, no one knows these stupid neighborhood boundaries!
Also, an update on another news story I witnessed: To anyone to whom I told the story of seeing dozens of sick cats that had been discovered in a U-Haul near my house being cared for one recent Sunday afternoon…I am not crazy!
Rounded-Up Stray Cats Need Homes
Anyone want a cat?
Photo from Gawker
8 comments:
good photos of your trip.those cranberries must taste like olives right off the tree.
seems like there is always something exciting going on in your neck of the woods!
here in tillamook the big news is a dennys coming to town!!!!
Ooh, I really miss Denny's. They don't have it on the East Coast. I feel like I had all kinds of fun times there late at night with friends in high school and college. See, that's exciting! :)
There are Denny'ses on the East Coast, just not in big cities, which is true of most restaurant chains. I'd take Waffle House over Denny's any day though.
Dangit! The suburbs get everything good! Except the homeless. We get to keep them.
Aw, c'mon now, Carolyn. We have an Olive Garden in Times Square! Fabulous photos of the cranberrying adventure. I'm so inspired by your fall-related activity.
There are plenty of homeless people here in little Forest Grove, partly due to there being no laws against drinking in public.
I am on. my. way.
Deborah, I know being a homeless drunk in Oregon sounds alluring, but who would take care of warping young minds in Brooklyn? Come on, now. Plus, it rains there. Ew.
Post a Comment