Monday, October 27, 2008

Do you like pictures of trees?


I like pictures of trees.

Yesterday was gorgeous—one of those warm autumn afternoons that remind you why you moved to New York. I spent a good portion of the day in Central Park, wandering down from the top to the bottom. I find it interesting to walk from north to south because the lower you go the more crowded the park becomes with tourists and shenanigans.

As long as you’ll excuse my obsession with the architecture of trees, please see some photos, here: Sunday in the Park (with camera)

I really enjoy taking photos and am trying to get better, particularly compensating for lighting conditions and taking close-ups. Obviously, I still have a lot to learn.

Cheers!

6 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

No offense to your previous photos, Carolyn, but I think these are some of the best you've taken. I especially like the shot of your book as you're reading it. Google might have to sue you for that.

Sunny said...

Maybe someday, I can visit the East Coast in fall. I love the changing colors of the trees. We get it on a much smaller scale, usually directly from green to brown and on the ground. Besides, Mother Nature hasn't received the memo that it is autumn yet. She is still in 90+ degree summer mode. It relatively annoying and really old. I'm ready for some cool weather.

Shawna said...

You can have some of our cooler temps, Sunny! I'm not looking forward to this winter...

By the way, Carolyn, I'll second the photo compliment! I love all the wind-twisted elm trees along Literary Walk, but my favorite is a shot looking up at the dark tree branches juxtaposed against a background of gold leaves.

Carrie M said...

Seriously, Sunny. The cold is always alluring from afar. Today's high temp? 45 degrees. And it won't be much warmer than that (in fact, mostly much colder!) for the next six months.

Blech.

Thanks, Shawna!

PassingPerception said...

I really enjoyed looking at your photos. Thanks for sharing. One tip would be to turn down the exposure compensation in photos like those in the forest/park where the bright areas become overexposed because the camera is trying to expose too much for the shadows.

I had to do that a lot in my recent Pittock Mansion post. In many of those the bright areas were overexposed for the first couple of tries and I kept turning it down until not blown out. Ask Brian to buy you an expensive camera for Christmas. You are a fun photographer.

PassingPerception said...

They have cool wavy tree branches there in the park. I like those.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness