Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Buttons!

Thanks to Brian for pointing me toward a website that takes the ubiquitous "_______s for Obama" to a whole new level.

DemocraticStuff.com

I want all of them! But here are a few that apply to me, or that I just find funny.








Oh, and this is for Steven:

8 comments:

PassingPerception said...

Thanks for including me with the LHC button.

I believe you forgot to include these.

http://www.zazzle.com/elitists_4_obama_button-145864297520643884


http://www.zazzle.com/latte_liberals_for_obama_button-145631956837135438

Klaus Varley said...

"minimalists for obama" is sweet.

Carrie M said...

Some interesting reading:
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/30/opinion/30jacoby.html?scp=7&sq=elitist&st=cse

http://www.wikiality.com/Elitist

PassingPerception said...

I read this one.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/05/30/opinion/30jacoby.html?scp=7&sq=elitist&st=cse

That was interesting. The word is now often used to describe people who think they are elite, but are not really.

Also, I never run across anyone who reads the New York Times except when I am at your blog.

Carrie M said...

Yeah, I imagine it's not a huge seller in Forest Grove, Oregon.

The Oregonian's not a bad paper, though! As long as people are reading something.

Anonymous said...

Shoot, even Sarah Palin reads the New York Times.

But then again, she reads everything.

PassingPerception said...

I canceled my subscription to the Oregonian a long time ago. It is about as blatantly liberally slanted as the New York Times. Also, there is so much news available online and elsewhere that I have a tough time buying a chunk of a tree every day. That should satisfy your Sierra Club leanings, Carolyn.

Carrie M said...

Ah, well I'm an environmentalist but I'm also a die-hard print journalist, so it's a conundrum!

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness