6 years ago
Friday, October 31, 2008
Happy Halloween!
Thanks for all the political discourse. Now check out pets in costumes! Adorable or just wrong? You decide. (Stolen from Cute Overload and The Morning News.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







6 comments:
I used to think this kind of thing was funny and cute, but these days I think the animals look like some one has stolen their dignity.
Although the turtle is funny and I don't think he minds.
I am not all that impressed by this stuff either. People are out of control with the whole pets as dolls, fashion accessories, genetic mutants thing, and general disrespect for the animals.
I am tired of seeing dogs that cannot breathe or walk or see properly because humans think it is amusing to breed them that way. It is selfish. I am also on a semi-permanent rant against people having dogs when they live in the middle of towns and cities. Dogs do not belong in apartments all day and cats should be allowed to go outside and be cats. Don't even get me started on birds in cages. I went to see an old friend of mine recently. She has a poor little gross wrinkled dog that cannot breathe and spends all day obsessively licking the snot off its face because its face is smashed flat looking so its nose doesn't work properly. It also cannot see very well because people are fond of the bug-eyed look for the breed. It reminds me of that Nirvana song "Something in the Way".
Oh, and people riding on other animals...sigh
Do I get to be an honorary liberal for my animal views or do I have to stop eating them first? I will work on that.
One more thing. My neighbor's dog barks over and over and over and over every single day and night of my life while I am trying to sleep. I want to scream sometimes. Sometimes I do.
Please, if you must have a dog, move to the country and show the animal and your fellow humans some respect.
Marginally related is this bit of severe creepiness that I saw a documentary about on tv this week. It was called My Fake Baby.
http://www.channel4.com/video/my-fake-baby/series-1/episode-1/living-doll_p_1.html
http://www.bbcamerica.com/content/336/index.jsp
I could only watch parts of it because it was so sad and disturbing. WOW.
I typically think this is lame and agree with Mama that the poor animals seem to have lost their dignity. If you want to dress something up, have kids, I say. They are more expensive, but at least you get to eat their candy afterwards! Just kidding.
But, I do have to say that the "Headless Horseman" and the "Shark" made me laugh out loud, literally rolling!
Hatred of dogs in apartments unites Americans.
When I lived in Koreatown, a neighbor in a high-rise would lock their tiny dog on the balcony ALL DAY where it would bark like crazy. I seriously considered rubbing sleeping pills into some raw meat and tossing it onto the balcony. Would that work?
No, that wouldn't work.
You mean for killing it, right?
Post a Comment