Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Eeee! My hometown is in the Times today!

The Clampers! Murphys!

Promoting Offbeat History Between the Drinks

Check out the interactive feature for photos of the E. Clampus Vitus wall in my fabulous and minuscule hometown. So famous! (Plus also shots from San Andreas, where I was born, and all the other ridiculously rural towns I traipsed around growing up.)


Look, look, it's Main Street! Holy crap I miss home.

7 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

No wonder you love plaques!

Carrie M said...

I do love me some historical plaques.

Ashley said...

Bwahaha, my mission to spread the reflexive personal pronoun far and wide is a success!

Eric said...

Ah, times have changed since Snowshoe Thompson's day...

I'm glad central cal is getting some love...but uh, that's "main" street Murphys? Atwater not only has a "main" street, but also "Broadway."

Recognize.

Carrie M said...

Atwater has "broken-down old Air Force base."

Murphys has "delightful tree-lined streets with charming wineries and galleries and rich history."

You recognize!

PassingPerception said...

I haven't heard anyone mention Atwater for 15 years. Carolyn, didn't we used to play them in school sports way back when?

Atwater was enormous compared to where we grew up. They even had more than one black family in the county, which is why our football team usually got crushed.

Carrie M said...

Atwater was indeed like 10 times our size. I don't think we played them while I was in high school, otherwise I would have harassed my friend Eric, here, but we probably played them in preseason back in the day. Quite the burg, yes.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness