Instead, I’d like to know if anyone else is haunted by Yul Brynner’s performance as an animatronic-gunslinger-turned-psycho-killer in “Westworld.” I couldn’t stop being freaked out by him as I watched the movie last night. You know why? It’s because he’s wearing the exact same outfit in the two films, 13 years apart!
"The Magnificent Seven" (1960)
"Westworld" (1973)

Creepy, right?
Also, audiences agree that Steve McQueen, known for his awesome stunts and overall manliness, would have been at home in Greenwich Village in this get-up.
As the movie goes on, his baby-pink shirt becomes slowly more unbuttoned, showing more tanned chest and cute little blue scarf and eventually a medallion. Hott.
7 comments:
You know who else wore a blue denim top all the time? Ernest P. Worrell.
And he was also a robot.
I have never seen "Westworld" but I know a great Stephen Malkmus song about it.
That Westworld movie was very strange. They had other parts of the theme park with malfunctioning robots also. The robot cowboy never gives up. It is sort of like Duel with the truck.
Exactly! I was just telling Brian that the other day. I saw both of those movies when I was probably too young and they were outrageously freaky.
"It was my best role,
I cannot deny I
Fit right inside that electronic carcass!"
That, Matt, is totally weird. Why can't songwriters just write about love and butterflies and stuff?
Incidentally, Malkmus not only formed Pavement in Stockton, the closest city to my hometown, but went to Tokay High in Lodi, even closer to my home. And now lives in Portland, Ore., near my family.
Yes, that's right, he's stalking the Morrisroes. That's what I'm saying.
Post a Comment