Update 2:30 p.m.: In the barrenness of the secret garden, I managed to find two more plants blooming today. A few blossoms on an autumn cherry bravely showed their faces in the 40-degree weather…

And this guy, which looked like a forsythia but whose flowers have one too many petals, was a burst of bright yellow amid the gloom.

1. I keep hearing geese flying overhead while I’m reading quietly at home. I never get to the window in time to see them, but I suspect they must be Canada geese. Yay! Welcome back, birdies! Maybe they can fight off the highly annoying parrots that perch in our backyard ailanthus tree come spring.
2. I noticed this morning that the windows of the Irish pub on my walk to work are filled with foil shamrocks in preparation for next week’s marginally nationalistic binge-drinking day. Slainte!3. At Home Depot the other day the Burpee people were stocking this year’s new display of seeds. Germination, here I come!
10 comments:
Good job, photog!
I'm agog!
Nice blog!
Thanks, but has someone had too much caffeine today?
I bet my governor really COULD beat up your former governor.
As far as I know, Brian Hurley does not abuse caffeine. Or does he?
Caffeine abuses ME.
One Dr. Pepper and he's clinging to the ceiling tiles by his fingernails.
beautiful photos - i am so excited for spring! how are you, carolyn?
aimes
Thanks for looking, Amy. I am great! Very excited at the prospect of spring. I almost didn't need my heaviest coat today.
Post a Comment