Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Signs of Spring #8

Grumpiness abated! The rain paused for my lunchtime ramble and the air was soft and relatively warm (50 degrees!). So now let’s look at yesterday’s harbingers of the season in the secret garden.

While the shrubs and trees in the garden are still largely bare, there were two camellia flowers blooming amid the buds. Thrilling.

Also, someone has placed pussy willows and pansies in the urn near the front gate.


Compare that to the urn on Jan. 31, when it had droopy holly twigs from Christmastime.


Notice how the rest of the background has not changed, though, as winter holds on. Yes, those of you not living in NYC, this is how desperate we (I) get for intimations of springtime. “A little bit of yellow color planted in an urn. Wehoo!”

5 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

Isn't it technically spring tomorrow?

Carrie M said...

Shhh, if you tell Spring that, it will scamper away like a coy little bunny.

Besides, spring doesn't start until I don't need gloves outside anymore.

Shawna said...

Brian, you scared off Spring. Now we're back to the chilly 20-degree, blustery semi-winter weather.

Anonymous said...

Should I send you pics of our beautiful CA spring from non-other than the central coast - Cal Poly baby! Yes, we are home in SLO county again... You could cover your walls with them and give yourself an illusion of spring! -Sunny

Carrie M said...

Oh, I bet it's lovely there. I'll be back in Cali someday!

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness