Tuesday, March 4, 2008

LOTR never fails me

There are times when you need a little inspiration. And for those times, I find it’s best to watch (or read, I suppose) some of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. I was in just such a mood yesterday, and this moment struck me with more than usual force.

Frodo: I wish the ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.
Gandalf: So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.

Ah, isn’t that a nice thought? Don’t you wish you had a Gandalf to impart gems of gentle wisdom just when you need it?

3 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

And with your purchase of the extended edition LOTR DVD set, you DO have Gandalf to impart such wisdom when you need it!

PassingPerception said...

and here is the rest of the bumper sticker

"All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king"

Carrie M said...

Ooh, good reference. Man, Tolkien really ripped off Shakespeare, didn't he?

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness