
I’ve spotted ice cream trucks on various occasions over the past two weeks. Am I ready for soft-serve when I’m still wearing a wool coat? Not really. Am I prepared for hearing their incessant, repetitive jingle? Never.
But a good sign nonetheless.

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness
9 comments:
Wow. Carolyn, I love you and all, but we have two problems, and I want to sort them out. First, it's always time for soft serve. Second,
when did you start asking yourself rhetorical questions in order to give a succinct answer and create a false impression of decisiveness? What is this, the Donald Rumsfeld Hour?
Do I think there's anything wrong with rhetorical questions? No. Can they be used effectively? Yes. But are they most often a crutch of the unimaginative? Darn tootin'. Thanks for calling me on it.
And I cannot eat soft serve when I'm still wearing mittens. Makes it hard to lick the drips off. You are welcome to it, though. I'll run out and buy you a dogface next time I hear a truck going by.
Okay we're friends again.
You two seem like such a sweet couple. *sigh*
Yes, it's delightful to have a boyfriend who points out your cliched word usage in a public forum. :)
What's a "dogface"?
I'm with you on that darn jingle, Carolyn!
(Note: I've limited myself to the polite word "darn" here. What I'd really like to say about it shouldn't be said on a blog!)
The Mr. Softee in my neighborhood has a set stopping pattern on each street, and one of those stops is RIGHT beneath my balcony--it drives me insane!!! But due to NYC's noise ordinances, the truck drivers are supposed to stop playing the jingle the minute they pull over. If they let the jingle keep going, people can call 311 with a noise complaint, and the drivers can be fined.
[Not that I'm against the ice cream man or anything; it's just that our particular driver doesn't care if he makes us all deaf with his loud music.]
No, no, I was in earnest when I said I thought you two were sweet.
Yeah, what IS dogface? Some New York ice cream man specialty?
Post a Comment