Friday, March 14, 2008

Signs of Sprummer(?) #7

That’s it! Call off winter.

Never mind that we’re several days out from the vernal equinox and a month away from the average date of last frost in New York City. Old Navy has declared this season over. I went in search of a trench coat—I’m almost ready to downgrade from my heavy wool—only to find the store filled with frilly white sundresses and garish floral-print tube tops.

We’ve apparently skipped spring altogether and gone straight to summer. Oh, if it weren’t for you, Big Corporate Retail America, I’d never know what season it was. Happy summer, everybody!


(Actual shorts this season at Old Navy. Plus dress that's cute but not appealing when it's still 40 degrees out.)

5 comments:

Eric said...

It's been summer here in LA for the past three weeks...Old Navy knows what we like!

Matt said...

Yes, indeed. I was in the one by Target in Brooklyn in mid-January. They'd already shut the coffin on winter and were in the process of nailing it shut.

Carrie M said...

Well I hope both of you have stocked up on your lime-green-and-white Bermuda shorts then.

PassingPerception said...

That dress looks a bit like a hand towel or appropriate curtains for a window in a country kitchen.

Vladkin said...

I don't know. According to the Old Navy commercials lately, if I wear ugly shorts like that, some guy will give me the change I need to make a call from a pay phone. Maybe if I wear that dress, he'll pay off my student loans?

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness