Thursday, May 28, 2009

Maine is a wonderland of loveliness

I'd like to share with you a few(ish) of the photos from my recent trip to Maine. They represent a tiny slice of the experiences I had. (Count yourself lucky I'm not subjecting you to the 100+ photos I shared with my family.)

First sunset, Bar Harbor.




Beginning an awesomely strenuous hike up and over a mountain in Acadia National Park.

This ledge was high above the valley floor.


Windy hair!




Leslie enjoys the sky.
Sierra and Koda were mountain goats in their past lives.




Enchanting little pond at the top of the mountain.


We finally reached the tippy-top summit!


Cool paper birch.

Down at the pond, off the mountain, snack time.


Neato triangle rock.




Jordan Pond.


Back in Bar Harbor, we walked at low tide across a sandbar to a perfect little island.

Lupine.

I like this lupine leaf.


I is in a field.


I really wanted to live here. Just build a little cottage and live here.


The town of Bar Harbor was every beautiful thing that New England is supposed to be.


But no hippies.


Here's me waiting for other people's lobsters to die. Contemplating life. And death.


Back in Acadia, along the seacoast on a sunny morning.



Next day, I got to wander around Boston, eat great food (see previous post), and visit my favorite spots, like the Public Garden. Yay!


Thanks for looking!!!

2 comments:

PassingPerception said...

I looked at all of the photos in both sets you sent me. I enjoyed them very much. I would love to hike and explore there. So, who was the older couple you were hiking with? It is different than the west coast. Out here the mountains are much younger. Back there is it all worn out and worn down.

jane b said...

Maine sure is lovely, but Brooklyn looks great this morning too!!! :)

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness