Well, not really. But it was a great time and a beautiful evening, and I'm very grateful to my friend's friend who was house sitting and let us all come over. The backyard was simply gorgeous. We never wanted to leave.
(Note, this patio has a NY Giants helmet logo laid out in stone. Awesome.)
Jon and Krista observe some water sports.
Michelle and Ashley make use of the giant hammock.
A lively game of water basketball breaks out.
Action shot!
Later on, Alex holds court.
While Matt and Krista tear it up on the air hockey table.
Watermelon smile.
OMG! LOTR pinball!
Next morning, we terrorize the quaint town of South Orange with a Power Ranger.
Look at those cool guys. They totally just played the heck out of that xylophone thingy.
6 comments:
Strange fact about New Jersey: the birds in the trees, the bugs under rocks, and the sweaty landscapers toiling in the rhododendron bushes all hum the Garden State soundtrack.
You heard that too? I thought that was just my hangover transcending pain and blooming into a mildly pleasant delirium.
Wow. What do those people do for a living that they can pay for a house like that? That place is amazing.
Do any of your friends have kids? I never see any. I don't know a single person who is not busy raising children, except me of course. It makes it next to impossible to get people to do fun things together, like pool basketball and your hiking in Maine.
This post made me want to go swimming. I am very glad summer is almost here. What a relief.
Thanks for sharing.
The owner of the house started a travel agency 30 years ago with 3 employees and grew it to 1,000. Pretty inspiring.
None of my New York or Boston friends have kids. Young people in these cities tend to put off settling down while they focus on their own career and education. Just a different mindset. Works for me.
Amazing backyard. How do I get mine to look like that? Oh yeah, money! No kids!
And Steven, we have kids, two. We can't do as many fun things, but now that they are older, we drag them along. Actually a couple of our favorite family activities are hiking and evening family bike rides. We also have a few trusted sitters for those much needed, well deserved adult nights out! And the fun changes a bit...
I do still enjoiy living vicariously through you though, Carrie!
Post a Comment