Friday, May 1, 2009

Awww...

I love animals. Who doesn't? This may be the most effective TV spot ever. (Can't embed! Please click here to go look.) Or watch this one:



Sad dogs and kittens! You are powerless against them!

Then I found out that Sarah McLachlan has been doing these ads for a bit. So much so that they already have parodies on YouTube. (What's the average time from YouTube phenom to YouTube parody of phenom? I wonder.)

And even an Onion story! Director For ASPCA Commercial Demands Sadder Looking Dogs

Moral: It's possible to mock any kind of earnestness, even sad dogs and kittens.

2 comments:

Mama said...

That commercial makes me hurt every time I see it. The animals look like they are crying. So sad.

Unknown said...

If I can be tidy for two months, you think Sam will let me adopt a kitten!?

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness