Monday, May 11, 2009

Fire connections



As the Jesusita fire in Santa Barbara begins to come under containment, here are a couple more interesting tidbits you should check out.

1) Here's a story in the Ventura County Star that delves into the mindset of the people who stay on in the city despite constant threat of disasters like these. Santa Barbarans accept infernos in their paradise. Bonus! This story was written by my friend Tony, a fantastic journalist with whom I had the pleasure of working both at the Daily Nexus and the Pacific Coast Business Times.

2) Sadly, my friend Gretchen's uncle lost his home in the fire, as reported in another story in the Star. Fire fickle along Tunnel Road (To boggle your mind, Gretchen is Tony's wife, she also works at the Star, and I worked with both of them at the publications mentioned above.)


Photos by Robert Gauthier/L.A. Times Rob Varela/Ventura County Star, and Anne Cusack/L.A. Times.

1 comments:

PassingPerception said...

I like the photo of the guys in orange walking. It reminded me of a caterpillar.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness