Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yes, this was on Gothamist but it's cool so I'm stealing it

The sudden afternoon rainstorms we've been having aren't all bad. Yesterday evening's deluge (which of course I got caught in without an umbrella; mad dash down 35th under awnings!) resulted in this rainbow that was widely spotted around town. I’ve noticed we don’t really get a lot of rainbows in New York, so this was pretty neat. A bunch of us saw it, or at least a part of it not obscured by buildings, from a rooftop bar.

Then it rained some more.


Photo from Flickr by B.I.L. NYC.

2 comments:

jane b said...

Ahhh! I saw this--the ENTIRE thing--from the A train out to JFK. It was almost just as amazing to see the entire subway car turned toward the same window, everyone smiling.

Washington is feeling good though. My parents have wireless internet and an endless supply of coffee. A dog to sit at my feet. A patio. Again, ahhhh.

Carrie M said...

I cannot tell you how jealous I am. Can you bring the dog back?

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness