Friday, August 15, 2008

Here we go again...



FLOOD WATCH—NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE
NY 12:05 PM EDT FRI AUG 15
2008...Flash flooding is possible through this evening…strong thunderstorms over the region this afternoon will produce torrential rainfall that may lead to flash flooding. The evening rush hour could be significantly impacted.

Yesterday upon leaving my building I was nearly drowned during my one-block scamper to the train. Later, I almost electocuted myself by adjusting my TV antenna while one of many scary lightning bolts struck way close to our building. I love thunderstorms as much as the next gal but I'd like for once to be able to be able to go outside between the hours of 5 and 10 p.m. without fearing for my life.


Super-awesome photo by Rick Elkins on Flickr.

1 comments:

Shawna said...

What an amazing photo!!! Is it me, or do those two forks on the left side of the lightning bolt seem to be striking approximately where the twin towers once stood?

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness