But now it’s gone too far. People are translating the Bible into LOLcatspeak, for God’s sake!
Interestingly, the creator of LOLcats has postulated that the 1970s poster of a kitten captioned “Hang in there!” might be the precursor of the trend that really exploded after the I Can Haz Cheesburger website appeared in January 2007.
Laughing Squid has gathered the mind-boggling variety of LOL takeoffs out there. And really, now I’m just getting annoyed.
But okay, here’s just one:

Aww...
4 comments:
Sorry, but I find some of these funny, if only because my cats have done them. There is one where the cat is just outside the glass door with a dead bird in it's mouth. The caption says, "I brought you a present". Cats will bring you their kills and proudly lay them at your feet.
Some of those ARE funny, but "translating the Bible into LOLcatspeak"? Oh my.
I'm not saying they are not funny. I think it's just that after two years of my friends and coworkers e-mailing them to me all the time, I'm a bit tired of the gimmick.
This in no way means any of you should stop e-mailing them to me. :)
I have been thinking about this and the thing that most bothers me is people seem to think cats talk so weird and can't spell. I think they would speak with a Jamacian accent and be very well read. Very aloof.
Post a Comment