Friday, August 29, 2008

DNC at Pacific Standard


There’s no better way to feel like you are part of a movement, and part of history, than to watch the acceptance speech of a man you admire while surrounded other supporters.

Alors, I attended a convention watch party last night at a pub with friends and a crowd of like-minded, mostly young, mostly nerdy-cool people.

And they were rapt!
It was interesting to note which applause lines this crowd went for: not so much for Michigan autoworkers or the military, but yes for equal pay for women and gay rights. This was definitely a particular segment of the Democratic Party at Pacific Standard last night.

Sam approves. (Note, blurriness is due to my not wanting to break the spell with my flash not due to my shoddy photography skills. Okay, it could be that, too.)


I am blurry, too! And happy to be participating in this moment. With my Obama ’08 baseball shirt on. Sweet.

P.S. If McCain picks Romney I am not going to be pleased.

1 comments:

PassingPerception said...

Why are so many young people like Obamba sheep? I don't trust or admire that guy one bit. It seems like people just like whoever is popular or who their friends like. We need a whole new direction in politics, not a shmoozy, no-answer, positions-changing-with-the-breeze, lofty-vague speech giver. sigh

He will hurt the economy and much more right when things are already bad. Liberal economics are a terrible idea anytime, but especially during a recession.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness