Monday, May 19, 2008

Damn, Portland

75,000 people came out to see Obama yesterday! (Oregonian story here.) I’ve been at crowded festivals at that waterfront, but man, this must have been a scene.



Wish I could have been there. What a beautiful day and inspiring event in one of my favorite cities in the world. Sigh.


Check out this interesting NY Times story about Oregon’s shifting demographics. Looks like tomorrow might be a good day.

Photos from the Oregonian

7 comments:

Shawna said...

Go Oregon! What a rally!

Gotta say, though, that was an interesting choice of words in the article: "racial cleavages". Of all the words this professor could have used--"divides", "splits", "gaps"-- he uses "cleavages". I get his meaning, but please! Connotations, people!

Laura said...

I was there, I was there! It was super exciting! I put up a post about it, including crappy photos and videos I took while at the rally!

Anonymous said...

Shawna, the author must have walked through the crowd before writing the article. Portlanders wait all year to wear their low cut tank tops on warm sunny days, so there was in fact an inordinate amount of boobage yesterday.

Anonymous said...

Boobage...........is that really a word? From the root word.........?

PassingPerception said...

Obama is spending a ton of money here in Oregon and got things going early. As I sad, there is even one of his offices out here in Forest Grove next to my business. It has been open and staffed for a couple of months.

Bunch of 20-something unemployed kids working there driving BMWs and Audis.

I didn't start seeing or hearing commercials for Hillary or others until the last half-week or so.

Matt said...

But OMG, did you hear the Decemberists were there and are the ones really responsible for the giant crowd?

Carrie M said...

I saw that! Did you know my brother lived in the dorms with frontman Colin Meloy?

It's six degrees of Oregon!

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness