Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Do not be alarmed

Women in my office are murmuring excitedly this morning about a recent spate of purse snatchings. (If four constitutes a ‘spate.’) Lower Manhattan Subway Purse Snatcher Strikes Again

Someone sent out the usual, “Hey, girls, be careful out there…” e-mail and now everyone’s talking about how freaked out they are.

Ladies, we live in New York City. News flash: there is crime here. Hold on to your damn purse and don’t be surprised if someone tries to steal from you, but calm the hell down because that’s four women robbed of the 3 million who ride the subways every day. You chose not to live in Mayberry, now deal with it.

(Of course, don’t expect me to be so flippant if I’m the one attacked on the D train platform. Note to thieves: I only carry enough cash to buy Baked Lays at the vending machine each day. You can have my journal if you enjoy angsty ramblings, and I can always buy more tampons.)

3 comments:

Eric said...

Why is strongbad stealing purses?

Vladkin said...

haha

Shawna said...

You know they caught the purse snatcher? I saw it on the news yesterday (or was it the day before?) and thought of this blog post.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness