The most glorious weekend ever has slid into a tropically rainy Tuesday. And while I try to dispel the bittersweet letdown of good times gone by, I’d love to share just a few of the photos from the past three days. (I’ll put lots more on Facebook, if you want to see other outtakes from the shenanigans.)
Friday found Brian and I sailing away on the Hudson and New York Harbor. Beautiful!


That green hill is Green-wood Cemetery in Brooklyn, and we live between that and the water. You can almost see our house!


Saturday we grilled on my friend Emily’s deck in Windsor Terrace then hotfooted it (well, cabbed it) to Harlem for fun and games at Alex and Gina’s.


The Brooklyn Bridge was lit up in changing LED lights for its 125th birthday.



Sunday was spent luxuriating in the sun and gardening—sorry, no photos, I was just too relaxed!
Monday we were lucky enough to be graced with the presences of many wonderful friends at a Memorial Day barbecue in our backyard. Thanks, everyone, for coming and bringing fabulous food and beverages!






Whew!
Now, back to the grind.
Friday found Brian and I sailing away on the Hudson and New York Harbor. Beautiful!


That green hill is Green-wood Cemetery in Brooklyn, and we live between that and the water. You can almost see our house!


Saturday we grilled on my friend Emily’s deck in Windsor Terrace then hotfooted it (well, cabbed it) to Harlem for fun and games at Alex and Gina’s.


The Brooklyn Bridge was lit up in changing LED lights for its 125th birthday.



Sunday was spent luxuriating in the sun and gardening—sorry, no photos, I was just too relaxed!
Monday we were lucky enough to be graced with the presences of many wonderful friends at a Memorial Day barbecue in our backyard. Thanks, everyone, for coming and bringing fabulous food and beverages!







Whew!
Now, back to the grind.
14 comments:
These photos seem to suggest I have a serious oral fixation. That or beer and hot dogs just make me really really happy.
I like the pic of the guys trying to raise the American flag. I think I've seen a picture like that somewhere before...
Yeah, I took a similar photo in Japan in 1945.
Your apartment building has a garden? Whoa. I wish I had one.
I am glad to see you had such a great weekend. Good for you. I want a do over. I went to meet my friends camping but then it started pouring rain when I got there. In the morning it was still pouring so I had to come home. It is still cold and wet out.
That does indeed suck, Steven. Fortunately, there are many more summer weekends to come! :)
I'm glad some one had decent weather. Rained here all week end, too. Raining now. Had to wear a sweat shirt to school. Good side, only 8 days of school left. Yay!
Damn, that was you in '45, Brian? You get some good shots.
I love the dress with the butterflies.
I was just looking at the photos in this post again. You have more friends than anyone I know. You are very lucky and I am happy for you.
I know that I am outrageously lucky to have so many great, smart, funny friends in New York. I love them all and they are a huge factor in keeping me from moving back to California.
Friends, they say, are the spice of life. And work is the meat of life. Family is the healthy side of veggies of life. Going on vacation is the dessert of life. And reading a good book is the after-dinner coffee of life.
What about the foie gras of life? There is no foie gras of life. Foie gras is gross.
Why is it that you and your friends are always eating, drinking, or flag raising?
We're too poor to go to the theatre.
But I'll have you know we also played with fireworks, planted toothpick patriotic decorations at the cemetery, and watched a sunset. Plus cooked, played rousing video games, and debated the merits of the various Indiana Jones movies. We're awfully busy people. :)
Post a Comment