Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The desk jockey returns

I’m back at work at last! (Okay it was only one day and one morning I stayed home, but it feels like forever when you’re listening to the church bells ring the hours on the street over.)

While I collect myself and delete the dozens of reply-all e-mails from my coworkers, I just want to send get-well wishes to all the other sickies out there. It seems like everyone I know has come down with something, more specifically everyone who was at the Kentucky Derby party in Boston last weekend. What else was in those mint juleps, Ben Allen? I demand answers.

P.S. My voice is completely gone due to my freak illness, so don't even think of calling to chat. We'd have to conduct the conversation through a complex code of squeaks.

0 comments:

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness