Some bands age gracefully like fine wines. NKOTB is apparently more of a Two-Buck-Chuck--meant to be enjoyed at the time and not 15 years hence.
Yowza. I'm going to blame a bad soundsystem that picked up only Danny's voice, and he was always the one no one liked anyway. Don't get me wrong. I love these guys. As many of you know, they were the first band I saw in concert, Christmas of 1989. I even respect some of them for the careers they've had afterward.
But, Jesus, these old songs are terrible! And do they really have to keep up the synched dance moves? Let them retain some dignity, at least.
6 years ago
14 comments:
I saw the guys were going to be on and I wondered. I wondered if you were there. I wondered why all those other people were there. I wondered why the group got back together. (money obviously) And I wondered if those guys, who are not kids any more, felt silly. They sure looked silly.
Yikes. They didn't sound like that back in the day.
I'm not sure if I am more embarassed for them, the people who actualy went to see them, or myself for actually having watched that video to the end.
I can't believe you Dennis. There NO way you watched the whole video. It is far too painful. I feel bad for them.
The sound tech for that should be fired.
Yeah. I couldn't get through the whole video. I will most definitely NOT be asking my mom to dig up my old Joey doll from the boxes in our basement--and I know what you're thinking--"You mean you still have it?!?! Well, my parents like to rescue the dolls, cassette tapes, and other toys that my sister and I have tried, through the years, to throw away. They're convinced these objects will accrue more than sentimental value. Sigh.
By far still the greatest band of all time. I can not wait until they go on tour and come out west. I will be camping out in line for weeks in advance so I can be in the front row (this is were the sarcasm Sunny was talking about would come in nice). What a pitiful excuse for a performance. I am ashamed and embarassed to admit that I did watch the entire video and the whole dance move where they kick their legs out side to side looks as gay today as it did 17 years ago.......I think I am going to have nightmares about this for a month. Thank goodness my kids did not watch it, can you say "Scarred for life."
Josh
OMG. [Wiping tears out of my eyes, so I can see to type.] That was too much! I don't know which was the best--the slow strip of the jackets, the women scrambling to catch Joey's hat, or the side kick dance move. I was laughing so hard at all of the above...thank goodness I waited until most of the people in the office were out to lunch!
And you're totally right, Steven, that sound tech definitely needs to be fired. Not that I could really hear the video over my laughing... :)
oh, but it gets more entertaining here!
And I know you were totally doing the dances along with them!!! ;)
Oh, man, Amanda, that's awesome. People are nuts! I do own an NKOTB sweatshirt and earrings, but they were gifts, they are at my mom's house in a drawer, and I would NOT, at my age, don them in public. (Or anywhere for that matter.) Wow.
Sometimes they get crowds by hiring actors...let's hope that's what happened this time...
You saw them Christmas 89? Was that at Arco Arena here in Sacramento. Thats where I saw them back in the day
Today, in the ER, I saw a guy with webbed elbows. Yes, you read that right. Webbed elbows. However, those people lined up for NKOTB with their jackets and pics and hairspray are way scarier.
Rachael, that's hilarious. Indeed it was at Arco. I went with a friend of mine and her mom. Too funny that we might have been at the same show.
Dennis, that's gross.
Amanda, that "People Who Have Donnie Wahlberg Spraypainted on Denim Jackets" photo was awesome.
I had that original Donnie doll mint in the original box for sale here at my business for a very long time. For those of you who think the value of that stuff is getting high, It took me at least two years to get the $15 it was worth.
Post a Comment