Monday, May 12, 2008

Cross-promotion is awesome

While I’m busy shlepping laundry up and down the stairs in a sickness-induced haze, watching “Days of Our Lives” and Pampers commercials, and wondering how in the hell stay-at-home moms don’t go crazy, you should all go check out my friend Eric’s Short-a-Week Project.

Eric is a hilarious individual who I’ve known since rockin’ times at a leadership camp in high school (Camp Royal, woot!), and with whom I’ve miraculously stayed in touch. When he’s not busy writing about obscure 19th-century historical figures for a Ph.D. in History, he’s writing, directing, filming, and appearing in short films that come out each Friday on his site.

Check it.

http://shortaweekproject.blogspot.com/

(Yes, I can't do hyperlinks or html from my home computer. Cut and paste it yourselves, lazy butts.)

P.S. That's Eric on the right, there, with the funny hair.

12 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

You will never make the mistake of leaving your laundry in a pile with a beer nearby again.

Anonymous said...

Hey now! Don't knock stay home moms! We're busy too - changing diapers, wiping noses, settling fights, getting snacks, juices, putting kids down for naps, finding toys, starting movies, and the list goes on and on! Of course we're doing all this in between commercials of The Young and the Restless and All My Children (which ironically we can't relate too!) and eating bon-bons!


Sun--

Eric said...

Woah, I thought I had been re-directed back to the short-a-week project for a second, until I realized the writing on here was too good to be mine. Seriously.

Thanks a lot, C. This week's short is going to make you proud that you plugged my site.

Feel better. I swear by DayQuil.

Eric said...

Indeed Brian, indeed.

Any ideas for a short with no more than 3 actors and one location, preferably an apartment, or in an apartment building? Anyone can answer. It can be stupid. Seriously.

It turns out that coming up with ideas for a short EVERY week is not so easy...

Brian Hurley said...

Porn? Hello?

Carrie M said...

Why don't you guys shoot on location somewhere, E? Your shorts have all reminded me that apartments in L.A. are very plain. Don't y'all have a beach or somethin' out there?

Eric said...

Porn? On the beach? I think Chris Isaak already made that (wicked) short.

Brian Hurley said...

Eric I suggest taking a Raymond Chandler novel (or any detective story) that you have never read before, opening to a page at random, and filming about three minutes of it. Forget about the context. Just moody LA spy stuff, biting dialogue, femme fatales. And one day, when you're dead, your fans will piece together the entire Raymond Chandler ouvre from the short clips that you never saw in sequence.

Eric said...

Thanks, Brian. Use 1/10th of that energy you spend on joke ideas and come up with some real premises, dammit!

Brian Hurley said...

You cut to the heart of me, Eric.

Carrie M said...

Eric, how 'bout you give Brian some crappy ideas for his next novel and we call it even?

Meanwhile I'll brainstorm awesome shorts. Have you considered a short about shorts? (Particularly the absurdity of this garment on men?) Or about diminutive people?

I clearly have no good ideas, either.

Eric said...

I think the world needs more novels about editing. Seriously.

A short about shorts? Not bad, not bad...

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness