Thursday, May 22, 2008

“America” voted…


The L.A. Times Show Tracker blog has more than you could ever possibly not want to know about last night’s “American Idol” finale. If you didn’t see it—what were you, rescuing children from a burning building?—you missed hilariously bizarre pairings of Idol finalists with aging pop stars like Bryan Adams, George Michael, Graham Nash, and a jowly but still powerful Donna Summer.

What the Times doesn’t know is that a majority of this blog’s readers (or voters, at least) would rather cuddle up with an oar than with the newly crowned Idol. You’re so pragmatic, you all! Of course, I envisioned myself fashioning an oar out of local materials, and passing the time until rescue with a living, breathing human being, and that being was David Cook. But that’s just me.

(And not because I luv him but because David Archuleta is incapable of saying anything more than a sheepish, “Golly!” I’m serious, check out his use of “for Pete’s sake” in this press conference.)

And now it’s over and I can stop bitching about the poor taste of 13-year-old girls.

Photo of David Archuleta, Bryan Adams, and David Cook by Mark Mainz/AP Images for Fox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have watched 3 different interviews with "Archie" and he has yet to say anything. Poor boy. It was great to see michael Johns again, I am waiting for his first album to come out.

Carrie M said...

Yes! Michael Johns is someone I may really have to see live to really appreciate, though. ;)

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness