Thursday, June 5, 2008

Another insightful news analysis from CNN

Obama, your achievement is totally played out. TV and movies have had black commanders in chief for eons. (Black presidents nothing new to Hollywood.)

Well, Hollywood presidents have also battled terrorists aboard Air Force One, gotten vaporized by Martians, dated Annette Bening, fought aliens in fighter jets, and been female, so obviously filmmakers are ahead of the game. Next up: a presidential impersonator takes over for the real president when he suffers a stroke. (Let me know if you don’t know what movie that is. Hint, Kevin Kline.)

4 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

Oh, I thought the answer was going to be Cuba.

Brian Hurley said...

Weird. Did you know the guy who succeeded Dennis Haysbert as the U.S. president on "24" was also in "Buffy the Vampire Slayer?"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Palmer

Carrie M said...

You're too clever for your own good.

I didn't know he was on 24, but I do recall him as the sexy principal who flirts with Buffy and fights Spike in the last season. He was the son of a slayer that Spike killed.

I mean, I never saw that show.

Sunny said...

LOL! Your wit cracks me up. I adore it, a bright spot in my day! And actually, I can name everyone of those movies! Go Hollywood for being a pioneer. But it does sound like a poll in the maaaakkkkkkkiiiiinnnnnggg...

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness