Thursday, June 12, 2008

Hasn't been amusing since 2001

As of yesterday, David Sedaris’ new book has debuted at No. 1 on the New York Times bestseller list and the USA Today list.

Screw you, David Sedaris. I’m so tired of reading your cutesy, self-involved claptrap in the New Yorker that I can’t possibly fathom shelling out $26 for a whole book of it. Shame on you, book buyers, for letting this guy think he’s funny or that anyone cares about his boyfriend’s adorable foibles and the rip-roaringly unfunny situations they get into in Paris.

He is a one-trick pony and this circus has moved on.

4 comments:

Eric said...

10 million New Yorker readers can't be wrong.

Can they?

Laura said...

Whoa, those are some harsh words. That being said, I'm tired of him too.

Carrie M said...

Oh, they can, they can.

Have you seen their cartoons?

Laura said...

No. I've only read him in The New Yorker, and that's been a while. Now I'm curious. Maybe I'll go to Powell's during lunch and check it out.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness