
The record-breaking heat continues and if you’ve never felt this particular brand of soggy East Coast city weather, here’s what if feels like outside right now:
- Like you are a congealing slice of pizza under a heatlamp.
- Like you are a congealing slice of pizza under a heatlamp.
- Like you are standing in a crowd of people who are all pointing hair dryers on high at you.
- Like I’m about to melt into a little pool of Carrie sludge and slip off into the gutter.
- Like you walked outside in 97 degree dry heat, like on the West Coast, and then put on a body-length alpaca sweater.
- Like you've been doused in water and salted in preparation for broiling.
- Like I need to pack up and get out of this region that’s either insanely hot or god-awful cold.
What does it feel like to you?
Photo: Hiroko Masuike for The New York Times
What does it feel like to you?
Photo: Hiroko Masuike for The New York Times
7 comments:
It doesn't happen often, but I don't miss the East Coast at all right now.
It feels like this isn't going to be the last blog entry on East Coast heat.
Quiet, you. I have all kinds of interesting topics to explore besides the weather. During the winter did I constantly post about the cold? Oh, wait, well...
Like I'm about to melt into a little pool of Carrie sludge and slip off into the gutter.
HA! That's EXACTLY what this heat feels like... at 9 in the morning!
Have you ever wondered about Mother Nature's sense of humor? The east coast is burning up. The midwest is washing away. Here in California everything is on fire and the wind is blowing 40 miles an hour. They are predicting snow for the high passes in Oregon.(At least they were the other day.) What is going on? The first three stories on CNN this morning had to do with the weather.
Makes for thrilling water-cooler talk.
I'm glad it's cooler today, but I don't mind the heat all that much. I did find it annoying that every building I went into yesterday had their A/C turned on but low, so that it felt slightly cooler but no less humid.
Post a Comment