Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Local business news gone wide

I just want to point out that when I was a newbie business editor in Santa Barbara, I edited many stories on then-burgeoning Countrywide Financial Corp. It was based just outside our footprint, in Los Angeles County but near the Ventura County line, and was the largest employer in our region with headquarters not there.

Who knew that just a few years later that same company would be not only a kind of new Enron or WorldCom, but the downfall of a person at the center of the most-watched political campaign in some time?

Key member of Obama's VP committee steps aside

(That’s Angelo Mozilo. He’s very tan.)

1 comments:

Brian Hurley said...

The answer is me. I knew. But I wasn't going to tell you. I wanted to let you find out for yourself.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness