Thursday, June 12, 2008

Scenes from a weekend

The best photos of this weekend’s festivities, including some of me where I actually don’t look like a sweaty gob of human flesh, are on Facebook. (If you’re not on Facebook, you're missing out on the time-wasting joys of available there.)

But! Here are a few pics from the rest of the weekend. They cannot convey the extreme sopping heat we were experiencing at the time. Trying to take pictures of the heat is like trying to photograph the wind. (You try it!)

Lovely Lena from Amsterdam was visiting—she’s Brian’s first cousin.


We made her walk around Central Park in a billion-degree weather and she somehow didn’t hate us for it!


She retaliated by dragging us up all three(!) floors of the M&Ms store in Times Square. (Just kidding, Lena, at least it was air-conditioned!)

That's a lot of M&Ms! They come in premixed combinations like "Mets" and "Mardi Gras."


Rockefeller Center is always a must-bring-visitors-to.


Look, hot people drinking overpriced cocktails!


Sunday we lounged about atop a hill in Prospect Park in Brooklyn with some friends.



‘Lounged’ because the oppressive heat made us incapable of moving.


Well, okay, Brian started a game of Frisbee which went well until the disc got stuck in a tree. I, from the hilltop, watched this scene play out below.


How many master’s degrees does it take to get a Frisbee out of a tree? Many.


And there’s falling.


But the crew returns victorious. And glowing. With sweat.

Ah, summer days.

5 comments:

PassingPerception said...

I am glad you had a nice weekend.

Brian Hurley said...

There are never enough pictures of Carolyn! Next time I hold the camera.

Why does it look like Jessa is not wearing a shirt in one of those photos?

Laura said...

Why was Brian wearing a jacket in some of those photos?

Carrie M said...

Hot but nice. Mostly hot.

The only photos of me are from the picnic and I also look like I'm not wearing any clothing. Plus, I'm very, very shiny.

There are nice photos of me on Facebook. Or, get your damn camera, Hurley!

Sunny said...

How about a link to your Facebook page for all of us semi-technically challenged people (me!). Plus I have to figure out how to get one of those silly pages. Although, I can barely keep up with my forms, myspaces and blogs as it is. At any rate it would be fun to view the rest of your pics.

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness