Friday, June 20, 2008

Last night

Another L Magazine short story competition and lit reading, another bad decision by the judges. Matt, your drowning kittens will haunt my dreams for years to come while I forgot the other stories the moment they were over. Is that good? I think it’s good. Plus, we have Robert to act out your kitties’ plight, over and over, until we all stop laughing.

I say we start a magazine: Too Good for Literary Upstart.

7 comments:

Vladkin said...

Hells yes.

Brian Hurley said...

We'd already have three stories for that magazine.

Carrie M said...

I know! And they are not stories that sound like an angsty 17-year-old wrote them for a creative writing class! (Like 90 percent of the other readers I've heard in this series.)

It could be awesome!

Sunny said...

Sounds like you found a way to have the best of both worlds without selling out.

Carrie M said...

Let's just say I can't believe there were two stories about dead animals in one night.

Oxford Commas said...

Here are Tiger the Kitten's thoughts on Matt's story:

"No, Matt, please, don't...glug, glug, glug...You know I can't swim, why are you doing this? Glug, gurgle, gurgle..."

Needless to say, he preferred the angsty 17 year-old's story.

Carrie M said...

I'm not even going to grace that with a response.

Oh wait, I just did. Dangit!

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness