Monday, March 16, 2009

The only 3 photos

I just discovered that there's a group on Facebook for my tiny hometown. While I debate if I should join the 149 other souls on this group, or if I should run swiftly away, allow me to share with you the three ridiculous photos that have been posted by the group "Murphys."

Cemetery.

Really? People, I know we can do better than this. This is just ugly. And slightly scary.


Caption: "Murphys Hotel gets new sign."
Again, really? 1) Someone please tell me the Hotel did not install a tacky neon sign. 2) There's honestly a crowd gathered for this event. It's probably just all the drunks from the bar downstairs who stumbled out to see what the ruckus was.


Main St.


That's better! At last a photo that actually shows the town. This is pretty much all of it, folks. Please notice shamrock painted on street (it's there all year) and banner for "Chicken-in-a-Barrel" celebration in the background. BTW, I am not mocking this event. I've been and the chicken is delish. Seriously.

Okay, I'm off to join this group.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hotel sign : Yes, it is neon. Yes, there was a crowd. And it was front page in the local paper. Not much goes on here which is a good thing most of the time.

Carrie M said...

Wow, you are not kidding!
http://tinyurl.com/dkenn5

(BTW, all of us who've been having problems pasting long URLs in the comments should have been using TinyURL all along.)

PassingPerception said...

Someone should keep vandalizing the neon sign until they give up. That is absolutely horrible. Who the hell thought a(n) historic gold rush bar was appropriate for that?

Also, two hours before leaving Murphys recently I decided to take some photos of the town. I crammed more snapshots into that time than you would think humanly possible. I think over 400. I worked my ass off and drove around like a maniac. I covered it from one end to the other and all of down town, jogging from one end to the other with my Nikon D300. If there were an Olympic event for photography I would be in the running.

I will have all of those on my site within a week. That way, Carolyn you can visit home any day you like.

You will not believe how much I recorded in two hours.

PassingPerception said...

I had to temporarily block all URLs in my comments because one of my very old posts received about 1500 spam comments about casinos. I tried to delete all comments for only that one post but it turns out that was impossible. I ended up having to delete the post. (Wordpress)

 

From Peppermint Creek © 2008. Chaotic Soul :: Converted by Randomness